Wednesday 3 December 2008

Revenge of the Reaper

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it"
- Che Guavara

The absence of death, and the opposite absence of life left me somewhere akin to purgatory. The world was grey, ashen.. colourless and faded. No longer could I taste the sweetest nectar, feel the softest skin, hear the most beautiful birdsong, without it being tainted by a corrupted vision. Death had claimed from me something, it had not taken my spirit, no. Yet it had claimed my life.
The semblance of humanity I ripped from fates clutches did little to comfort me, far from it, it taunted me with its lingering aftertaste. An image haunted me, a friend in life, Joah, saw what I had kept and begged of me why I had been so foolish as to keep that single part of me.
Death had his revenge, and I was lost. The Shadows Master Janvier had departed, lost to the family.. and I was slowly drifting further and further away from my supposed brethren. It seemed that I had called many in Toxia brethren at one point or another. The first being the Ryders... The Omega Institute... The Coven, and the Shadows. Each gave me something I had needed at the time, but few desired me stay.. I had wandered, drifting from house to house without a true purpose for too long... and now.. again I felt the mask of solitude placed upon my form.. and yet, this time, it was not to be removed.. my feelings dampened by the darkness I had so readily accepted and wanted.
I sought refuge in study.. seeking a way to claim at least some part of true life back.. and in seeking out knowledge, it brought me to the door of those I had once been with, The Omega Institute. They welcomed me instantly, not seeming to care I had left before... turned my back to them... how can I claim to know what resides within the hearts and minds of others?
I was lost, to me.. it was a question without answer... Does love and feeling continue after death?

No comments: